<$BlogRSDURL$>

Rick Henkel - FrameMaker-Related Stuff

Comments and tips related to Adobe FrameMaker

Atom Feed

Saturday, May 01, 2004
 
Firefox - The Browser, Reloaded

"Firefox is a free, open-source and cross-platform web browser for Windows, Linux, MacOS X and other operating systems. It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing and the ability to block pop-up windows."

I'd used the previous rendition of this browser, when it was called Firebird, but I think this version is much better. Seems like you can customize more items than you could with Firebird.

I'd always been reluctant to switch from IE because I could load those custom toolbars--Google, Yahoo, etc.--in IE but not in other browsers. But Firefox does include the ability to load versions of those toolbars, called extensions, that people have created. For example, I was able to add an extension to add a "Blog This!" command on my right-click menu.

After only using it for a little bit, I'd have to say that Firefox is already my favorite alternative browser.


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Get Firefox